Friday, February 24, 2012

Broadway: For Shatner, A New Frontier

The master showman has brought his talents to the Great White Way for a limited engagement after hitting Australia and Canada. The one-man show, Shatner's World: We Just Live In It, opened last week and will run through March 4th at the Music Box Theatre. The 80-year-old thespian last hit the boards 50 years ago in 1952 with A Shot in the Dark co-starring Julie Harris and Walter Matthau.

Shatner admits to a stage fright of sorts, recently telling "HuffPo" that "My fears are not the primitive, `I'm afraid I can't talk' that young actors have. Mine is, `I'm afraid the ticket sales won't go.'"

He added that "I was joking with somebody about getting people to the theater to see if I'm going to die that night: `Well, he made it through last night but you better go see him,'...Come and see me balance the balls until I fall over – or the balls fall on me."

Following his return to Broadway, Shatner will be taking his show on the road for a monthlong 15-city tour.

Enjoy his story about his Winter Olympics experience here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGEsq40EwNQ

And a sit down with ABC: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/william-shatner-returns-broadway-one-man-show-15713276

No comments: